The US Human Rights Network is pleased to announce the selection of 15 organizational representatives to the CAT Taskforce.
The CAT Taskforce serves as the primary coordinating body for social justice groups and individuals interested in using the UN and the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CAT) to end torture in the United States.
CAT Taskforce members include:
- Antonio Ginatta/Human Rights Watch (co-chair)
- Claire Leslie Johnson/Midwest Coalition for Human Rights & UMN Human Rights Program (co-chair)
- Gabriel Eber/American Civil Liberties Union
- Lia Lindsey/American Friends Service Committee
- Peggy Plews/Arizona Prison Watch
- Melina Milazzo/Center for Victims of Torture
- Kelleen Corrigan/Human Rights Clinic, University of Miami School of Law
- Alberto Saldamando/Indigenous Environmental Network
- Jihad Abdulmumit/Jericho National Amnesty Movement
- Anlyn Addis/Law Offices of Deborah Labelle
- Matt Hawthorne/National Religious Campaign Against Torture
- Gizachew Emiru/TASSC International
- Ejim Dike/US Human Rights Network
- Yvette McShan/Victorious Black Women
- Crista Noel/Women's All Points Bulletin
USHRN has an official listserv for the CAT project to facilitate information sharing on the USHRN CAT project and the implementation of the CAT treaty in the U.S. Join the CAT listserv.