International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) Taskforce
The INTERNATIONAL COVENANT ON CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS (ICCPR) TASKFORCE guides the USHRN ICCPR Project, which works to ensure that the U.S. Government upholds its obligations to protect and fulfill all human rights included in that treaty.
The ICCPR Taskforce members are:
- Elica Vafaie/Asian Law Caucus (co-chair)
- Jamil Dakwar/American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), (co-chair)
- Efia Nwangaza/Malcolm X Center for Self-Determination
- Chief Gary Harrison/Chickaloon Village
- Jennifer Prestholdt/Advocates for Human Rights
- Latrina Kelly-James/Junta for Progressive Action
- Mary Gerisch/Vermont Workers Center
- Gina Womack/ Families and Friends of Louisiana's Incarcerated Children (FFLIC)
- Sarah Dávila-Ruhaak/ International Human Rights Clinic, The John Marshall Law School
- Deborah LaBelle/ Law Offices of Deborah LaBelle
- Willie Jr Fleming/Chicago Anti-Eviction Campaign
The ICCPR Taskforce meets on a monthly basis. For more information on the work of the ICCPR Taskforce, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
USHRN has an official listserv for the ICCCPR project to facilitate information sharing on the USHRN ICCPR project and the implementation of the ICCPR treaty in the U.S. Join the ICCPR listserv.