This group focuses on child welfare issues and human rights abuses that are impacting children & families nationally. Families are being abused by State, CPS and Family Courts throughout the United States of America. Families that have had their civil rights violated through family court proceedings while also having their all due process and constitutional rights are violated and manipulated by family court judges, District Attorneys, Commissioners of social services departments as well as CPS workers. Additionally, court appointed attorneys are not working for the clients but have helped to incriminate the parents.
The Child Welfare Watch Group is engaging in a National Human Rights Child Welfare Campaign with the following goals:
- Call for an independent audit of DHS/Administration for Children Services and contracted foster care agencies AND Family Courts to expose corruption and fraud. Oversight committee is needed over DHS/ACS. Family Court Monitors needed in family court.
- Activate immediate change. Every day that passes means more families and children are subject to being held hostage.
- End the financial incentives that separate families.
- Stop human rights abuses and grant parents their rights in writing.
- Mandate a jury trial where every piece of evidence is presented before removing a child from his or her parents.
- Require a warrant or a positive emergency circumstance before removing children from their parents. (Judge Arthur G. Christean, Utah Bar Journal, January, 1997 reported that “except in emergency circumstances, including the need for immediate medical care, require warrants upon affidavits of probable cause before entry upon private property is permitted for the forcible removal of children from their parents.”)
- Uphold the laws when someone fabricates or presents false evidence. If a parent alleges fraud, hold a hearing with the right to discovery of allevidence.
- Protect the human rights of children & families impacted by the child welfare system.
- Provide support through education and awareness to the community about child welfarecorruption.
- Provide solution base recommendations for child welfare agencies, CPS, Family courts nationally.
MIAT members include:
- Dorin Matthews-FPA-Foundation
- Sylvia Hooper-FPA-Foundation
- Angel McMillian-FPA-Member
MIAT planned activities:
- Provide Awareness Workshops about Child Welfare System and how it is impacting children & families nationally.
- Organize Families nationally impacted by the CHILD WELFARE system to share their testimonies
- Use the United Nations as a platform to raise this awareness and provide recommendations to CPS, family courts, and foster care agencies nationally.
- Stop human rights abuses in the child welfare system toward children & families nationally.