SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
On May 8th and continuing on to May 11th, we will launch an online campaign to bring attention the Universal Periodic Review of the U.S.G. on May 11th. We will connect on going struggles in the United States and encourage you to ask your organization as well as your colleagues and partners to share information online about the review and the advocacy of the U.S. Civil Society Delegation. We encourage all taskforce and working group members to use proposed hashtags as well as proposed tweets. We also ask members to use this campaign as an opportunity to share with the public that there is an opportunity to watch the livestream of the review.
**Direct to webcast link: http://webtv.un.org/
*Please include @USHRN handle
*Also, when relevant include handles for the White House (@WhiteHouse) & President Obama (@BarackObama)
- It’s time we brought our cries to the #UnitedNations to bring human rights home in the U.S.
- U.S. Activists go to Geneva to the #UnitedNations to bring attention to injustice
- It’s time we come together to #BringHumanRightsHome
- To end poverty, mass incarceration, violence we need to #BringHumanRightsHome
- Activists come together to build the #Movement4HumanRights in the USA
- Most US public school students live in poverty #USPrideOrShame
- 111 people killed by police in March 2015 #USPrideOrShame
Facebook: Like the USHRN Facebook page and tag us in your photos